Tuesday 20 December 2011

A tree at last !

I was going to go out to buy a new tree but a kind lady heard about my story of the empty tree box and offered her tree which she no longer wished to put up in her new smaller dwelling. I did not have the heart to say no, so tonight I will decorate a tree that belonged to someone else-a new experience for me . I am very happy as time is getting rather close to Christmas and she is thrilled to give her tree a  new home. Maybe, I will become attached to this tree. We will wait with anticipation. As she was bringing the tree to my office today which is located downtown 4 people stopped her and asked her if this was going to be Hippo's tree. She said "yes"but did not know any of them and they offered to take the tree and carry it home for Hippo. Sensibly she said "no thank you" as she was still not sure about what they were about.-Then about 2 minutes later two street people wanted to know if they could have the tree. Of course she said that it was spoken for.. already. She came into the office with a grin and stated that it had turned into a very happy venture bringing this tree from her home to my office. My 4 friends came back to my office about 1 hour later and asked in the presence of several people(including the lady that gave me the tree) if they could take my tree home for me as planned and of course, I said yes. she silently grinned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment