Thursday 28 July 2011

I haven't laughed so hard in years......

It's an 'appointment day' for 'Hippo'and 'Unshelved' is working at his favourite library today. Hippo will be driven to appointments by her granddaughter which is one of Hippo's greatest pleasures. Loves those visits that are 'one on one' with grandsons or granddaughters. I cannot believe how quickly time passes and the children have become much taller than me. Hippo and her chauffeur proceeded from the Mall after purchasing a treat to eat along the way. Then a grocery store stop for the heavier items and bulky packages that are easier to bring home in the car. We made our monthly regular visit to the neighbourhood pet store. Hippo was wishing to purchase 'two frog friends' for her frog who lives in her fish pond with 4 fish siblings that sat on her deck at home. The wee shy frog was appearing somewhat lonely lately so perhaps new pals will help keep the frog from jumping ship again. Two frogs were bought and put in appropriate bag with water and air and fastened quite well or so it appeared and cahier added a shopping bag....We went to the car and about to drive off and then I felt my clothing becoming very damp and reported it to my ground pilot-water began to flow quickly right out of the bags and she said "Oh my sweet hannah-what if the frogs get out in the car?" Well, we immediately re-parked the car and decided to return hastily to the pet store but we were laughing so hard that I thought there's no way we'd win this game but with many more giggles, we entered the store and of course apologies flew from the staff-I said "don't worry about my clothes-they will dry, just re-bag the two frogs and we'll run along! Our laughter continued all the way home and the frogs are now in the pond. The family have all heard the tale and wished that they had all been there!------This is a day that I will never forget and I hope to have many more.----

No comments:

Post a Comment