Sunday 24 July 2011

Just a regular day for the HIPPO....

It's a nice relaxed day with bright summer sun making many folks smile. I don't see very much of my friend "UNSHELVED" on the weekend as he waits for his family to call. They come over and take him for a stroll (little do they know he manages just fine all week long) They fuss and they fume about the clutter of his room and the mess of his kitchen. He tells them he's fine and gets along very well but I think that his response just passes by deaf ears.
When I see him at the Library tomorrow,I will remind him that being unheard might be better than not being seen..I also tell him about many folks who never see their family so maybe he should put on a bright face and continue to function the way most of us do for six days a week. He only has to mind his P's and Q's for a few hours a week. I know that he will smile and continue to file and store information on all sorts of pathways all through the day.
This is the day that I plan for the week -all the chores that need doing and also activities that are in my bucket, so to speak. Then there's exercises,walking and socializing too.Oh my,I have so much more to do. I cannot forget that I do volunteer and coach the odd session of such interesting things.
I must remember to priortise my daily schedule-maybe a bit too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment