Tuesday 13 March 2012

Fundamentals of healthy eating


Last Saturday at the cafe some of us were sharing the ways we plan and prepare our grocery list for the week."Seahorse" and "Unshelved" said that they have been sloughing off in their planning and preparation of each of their meals, so I offered to helped them with a basic plan. They took me up on that immediately.
So they began using my guidelines. I told the "fellas" that the first steps will be to follow by my plan until they feel confident enough to develop their own version or adapt to my set of guidelines. The list begins with

Rule #1. Eat food but not too much. (green plants)
        #2. Eat food (food spoils)
        #3. Avoid health claims
        #4. Choose food with familiar ingredients
              (short list)
        #5. Remember, plants are good for us
        #6. Attend a Farmer's market
        #7. Learn to cook
        #8. Pay more, consume less
Health claim example
       Tomorrow night , I will share the next steps.......

No comments:

Post a Comment