Saturday 10 March 2012

Hippo's trip to the Beauty Parlour or Medi Center?

??
It was quite a day yesterday. I was at the school for hairdressers yesterday(this is where people get their hair done by a student.) I had a lovely young lady do my hair and we did have an enjoyable time. I have very fine hair and it is somewhat difficult to manage and does fly about at times. My hairdressing skills are nil.
The hairdresser student asked me what colour of rollers they used the last time at the hairdressers-I said I haven't got a clue but she decided to use grey coloured rollers. I agreed.  Now, these students get checked by one of many  supervisors each step of the way. A supervisor came along to check my hair do before it was combed out.
At this point the Supervisor informed me that I had a thyroid problem. I said I was well aware of my thyroid problem. I have only had the problem for thirty years. She then said to the student and I that she had had a regular client named Mary and Mary's hair was exactly the same way as my hair. So she sent Mary to Doctor to tell him that she had a thyroid problem. The Dr.  said that hairdressers should look after hair and he would look after health or sickness. In the next breath the Supervisor said to me that I had no immune system so I should tell the Doctor. I said "do not worry, it's under control-I take pills to lower my immunity." She said well if you would listen to rest of the story-You would know the verdict could be bad.. so then she said two weeks later- Mary died and that was it.... true story...When the supervisor left us for moment I felt so sorry for the student hairdresser but we each had a wee giggle so she knew I was not cross. The supervisor came back to me and said could I come next Sat. at the same time for a "roller do" with green rollers, free of charge with the same  student. I said of course, I would be delighted.
I am not sure if I was at the Hair dressers or the Medi Center.. Before one makes a diagnoses of someone, one should be sure they have full qualifications to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment