Sunday 18 March 2012

Keep your waist and your weight under control


I (Hippo) have made some changes in my diet in the last year and I do
feel better for it. I have cut down on my fruit juices and soft drinks. Instead, I drink more water and unsweetened coffee in moderation and green tea . I eat fruit and vegetables in place of my juices. I have also cut down in my saturated fats, trans fat and I eat more healthy desserts (I love dessert) skim milk in my coffee instead of cream. I eat nuts and only vegetable oil (olive oil) when cooking,(unsaturated fats). I consume much less of refined grains and sweets and eat more whole grains. Red meats, processed meats, sausage, ham, and wieners are off my menu and I have replaced them with poultry, beans, and seafood. and don't forget to exercise or walk briskly 30-60 minutes daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment