Monday 21 November 2011

It's the continuing saga of the greyhound wheels that don't go round !

Greyhound appears to be in a very depressed position at this time.Their bus depots are disgusting and in need of repair and a thorough cleaning. The washrooms are atrocious. The physically challenged washroom is sadly insufficiently equipped. I attempted to get my ticket portion officially confirmed as not going on the 12.01 AM to Med. Hat,and I was told by ticket person, that would not be possible and I would have to phone the National Customer Services Office -so I did-guess what?-offices were closed. So here I am @7.45 PM in the Calgary bus depot and my food voucher for $10 is reminding me that I am hungry-so off to cafeteria where it was a brain fitters' nightmare as far as nutrition.I was able to buy small white milk and a tiny box of spec k and ate it out of the  box. The choices were very limited.
It is 8.00 PM now so  I am getting weary-I have phoned my family in Medicine Hat and they don't want me traveling on the 12.01 AM, so they are driving 3 hours in order to fetch me and take me back to Medicine Hat (another 3 hours.) I decide to have a short nap while I am waiting for family to come. So I prepare my bed on a strip of 4 chairs  with my valuables (carry on bag) made up as my pillow on my winter jacket and proceed to lie down.. I have my suitcase in front of me and tied the scarf around my neck and tied it onto my suitcase. I at least dozed. My family arrived just after 10 PM and alerted me (it was easy for them to spot me in the depot as there were only about 20 people roaming around and then we went up to parking area where they had parked and we got stuck in a relic of an elevator. at least we were all together now and hoping to start the return trip- 3 hour trek to Medicine Hat. After 5 minutes of frustrating attempts. My son in law was able to get elevator door open and we drove for 3 hours to Med. Hat. Reaching there around 1.15AM
 Now I have sent in a complaint and a statement that if I do not hear from them promptly, I will go to the newspaper,Twitter and facebook and lawyer. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment