Saturday 19 November 2011

The Wheels on the Bus don't go round @"Greyhound"

I am going to relate to you an unbelievable event that happened yesterday. I am not a frequent bus traveller.

I had paid online for a round trip ticket to Medicine Hat from Edmonton, Alberta on Greyhound Bus lines on or about October 31st. So with online ticket in hand , I went to the bus station in Edmonton and up to the ticket counter and the cashier said that "Yiou are not  booked on the bus and didn't I know that the bus was full. She said she will try another way to enter it in a different fashion" She was successful and I was now booked on my ticket as an 8.00PM trip from Edm to Calgary. I said "That will be impossible as I would not be able to make my connection for bus in Calgary to Med. Hat @7.oo  PM ."The ticket agent said "chill Madam-I will get you there on time as you will go on the 2.00 PM bus as planned-only on paper ticket-a little deviation ."So I checked onto the bus and unevently went to Calgary. We arrive in Calgary @ 5.50 PM in good time to catch my connection to the Hat. As I disembarked from the bus , I asked the drive would my suitcase be put automatically on the &.00 PM Hat bus. He said "there is no 7.00 PM bus to Med. Hat. He said that trip time was cancelled on November 15th and took me to our driver- So I said "Why wasn't I notified?"- His answer was-"you should have been."So he called the head dispatcher over and explained the problem to him and the dispatcher said I could give you a food voucher and a gift certificate. I said -"what good are these items to me?"He said that the next time I travelled on Greyhound that I would get a discount- I said "Fat chance tha that I will ever travel greyhound" Then the cruncher came ?"Well I could try to get you on the 12.01 AM bus tonight that get to Med. Hat @3.30 AM" I stated that" I don't do midnight bus trips." and he raised his voice and said "everyone else travels midnight bus trips" I quickly explained " I am not everybody" So I told him to cancel the idea of  me going anywhere at Midnight. He asked "what will you do?"So the battle was on -I stated that I would sleep on the bench in the bus depot.Then he responded with "I will be back in little while after you use your food voucher." and that's another story tomorrow night. I will continue reporting the order of events of the  the long dreadful ordeal.
to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment