Tuesday 9 August 2011

Hippo suggests that you try not to get discouraged when things go awry....

I woke up bright and early this morning and planned to go to the Center and relax with a coffee and perhaps do a 'Sudoko' before my duties started for the day. I had told all the others that I meet at the cafe, that I wouldn't see them until Thursday. Time moved on and then I showered and continued preparing for work. I turned on the kitchen light to prepare my 'blueberry smoothie' and the bulb promptly burned out. Moving along to duties in order of priority, I was standing at the bathroom sink brushing my hair and I saw and heard a small clatter and realize that the middle shelf in bathroom cupboard with cosmetics etc. upon it, fell down in front of me, and all of the items were now in the sink or on the counter. I took a deep breath and said oh well, (not quite all, I said) there's nothing I can do, with the arrival of bus#22 in five minutes or so-
I was off to the fridge to reach for my 'nutritious hand packed lunch' and out of the door, with time to spare, and wait for my numbered bus . There were five regulars there waiting at the stop, but after a while, we were all beginning to despair that perhaps due to a detour, we had all been left - behind that is... so off to another bus stop for a different numbered bus and it was not long to wait. By this time we were all rather late.. but you know I thought 'without chagrin' that today I would move through my day knowing that those 'three' things had happened all in row did not matter the least little bit. .
I hope that your day goes as well as mine truly did....

No comments:

Post a Comment