Tuesday 16 August 2011

'Memories' are made of this......

I am writing this post of my blog in 2 parts, as I am going for a walk with 'Minor' and 'Alveus', while conditions are still good. Our friend, 'Alveus',whom I haven't introduced to you yet, as sometimes he tends to be a bit of a loner and a little aloof. Each to their own and the world continues to go around. I find him extremely trustworthy and very well read, also somewhat objective. It's nice to have a friend like 'Alveus' in our group. I read that it is very important to get plenty of physical activity and of course socialization...Pause... I have returned from a lovely fast walk and feel re-energized and now I will be able to navigate myself more efficiently through the rest of the evening.
'Ole Seahorse' has invited me to a 'horseshoe tournament' tomorrow evening at a park. That should be mighty interesting, as I am a very basic horseshoe player, but the experience will be fun. Think of all of the people that I will meet. I can practise remembering people's names at the tournament. I will have to use my short-term memory (working memory) and then when I get home transfer it to my long-term memory bank for storage, in case I get invited back to the activity. Now this is where it gets complicated. Will it be stored in my 'explicit memory' bank or the 'implicit memory' or the autobiographical memory? Probably ,it will be directed to my 'explicit' area of storage, which requires conscious thought and that is what is most people have in mind when they think of a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment