Thursday 18 August 2011

Memories are made of .... and just a little advice from 'Hippo'

"I hope that you all had a great day. I had another wonderful day, as I am preparing to facilitate a course called 'Brain Fitness'. I have begun to prepare my triweekly tip sheets, providing hints about improving or maintaining brain fitness.(handouts). Everyone begins a decline of their cognitive skills around 29/30 years of age.I will now begin on regular basis to share advice for you to consider, in order to assist you with this wonderful project."
"'Brain fitness Maintenance' has grown to be my 'Greatest Passion' in life.If you ever meet me, you will quickly realize that this is a passion that I must share with anyone who wishes to listen and learn. Memory plays a vital role in all aspects of our lives.It provides a sense of self and a continuity of our life's experiences. It is a remarkably complex process and it involves several parts of the brain.As we age our memories are very susceptible to inaccuracies and memory loss. We 'store and file' away information until we need it. Your brain controls most everything that happens in your body.As we age ,we can lose some of our ability to learn and to remember things. You can keep your brain in top notch shape,just like your heart or your liver by eating nourishing foods. They will have a great impact on keeping your thinking skills sharp and your memory intact. Here is Tip #1 Brain food- Berries/blueberries. I love blueberries as they give a boost of brain cells to the hippocampus.(part of the brain) Also blueberries have an antioxidant power. One of the most important things to remember is 'Our memory helps 'make us who we are' 'and our 'brain healthy foods' that we eat,could help offset the natural processes of aging."

No comments:

Post a Comment