Monday 15 August 2011

An Ordinary Day !

'Hippo' had a enjoyable day but was still able to add all of the basic activities that she likes to participate in and thoroughly enjoy the day. Two of our friends have been away on holidays for well over a month. It is nice to have them back to the cafe, as we're all like an extended family.
Our friend's name is 'Minor'(nickname) and her cousin 'Major'(nickname) are both volunteers at the center. They enter data into the computer much like 'sorting and filing.' 'Unshelved' enjoys having them about as they do assist him at the library or with his personal affairs, when he gets into a bit of a dither.I believe that they contribute on different days at the Center. Those 'two' provide great 'positive' reinforcement to our group. They seem to keep us balanced in our conversations or discussions.
One of the odd things that happened to me today, as I was sitting on the bench at the bus stop with 2 other men - a pregnant lady( approx. 28/29 yrs.)came along and asked me for my seat.I kindly gave my seat to her and then began thinking about order of priorities for bus seating and did I have a foot to stand on,in this situation? No, I don't think I had a foot to stand on- 'Seniors ladies' and 'pregnant ladies' are on an even keel for seating priority. I don't usually sit while waiting for the bus and perhaps I won't in the future. It's never happened in 65+ years so I will let this go and not make it an issue. Always be at rest, and never allow yourself to have petty issues stirring up your emotional resources and energy.
PS.I have been thinking overnight about this seat on the bus bench. Did it belong to me or did it belong to the young lady?. Oh my! I did say I would drop the issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment